Norton Family is one of the bundled components in Norton Security Premium subscription offered by Symantec. There is also a standalone product called Norton Family Premier selling at cheaper subscription price but without other components in Norton Security bundle.
With an active subscription of Norton Family, you can install it in multiple devices (computers, smartphones and tablets) up to the maximum number as stated in the subscription package, for multiple headcount of kids.
With Norton Family, you can communicate with your kids and set individual house rules for them to use the computer and smart mobile devices, including what and where they are allowed and disallowed to access in the Internet.
Norton Family comes with a set of generic house rules for your kids according to their age group, which you can customize and fine tune further.
- the kind of websites that are allowed and disallowed to visit
- the time periods that are allowed to use the device
- the maximum number of hours allowed for each individual day in the week to use the device
- monitoring of keywords typed in search engines
- content filtering for search engines
- monitoring of social network activities
- monitoring of online video streaming
- monitoring of text messaging activities
- monitoring of mobile apps installation and uninstallation
- monitoring of device location
The default web supervision house rules by age is as below:
The default time supervision house rules by age is as below:
Norton Family will email you weekly and monthly reports about your kids' monitored Internet activities. Whenever there is possible violation of house rules, you will be informed too.
Norton Family is able to help you as parent to safeguard your kids from:
- Getting addicted to computer and smart mobile devices by enforcing reasonable daily time limit.
- Accessing to online information that you don't want them to access, such as 18+ contents.
- Phishing, scamming and cyber-bullying by restricting leakage of personal information and monitoring of social network and messaging activities.
- Installing or uninstalling mobile apps without your notice.
This software is no doubt loved by parents and hated by kids.