I've just read an article written by Jessica Wildfire about 15 habits of genuinely intelligent people.
To summarize, the mentioned 15 habits are:
- They don’t talk about how smart they are.
- They learn best by imitation.
- They try to figure things out themselves.
- They are always hunting for knowledge.
- They don’t brag about what they know.
- They connect the dots.
- They are OK with cognitive dissonance.
- They ask a lot of questions.
- They abstract from their experiences.
- They seek out puzzles and paradoxes.
- They don’t get hung up on crumbs.
- They move slow, until they hit warp speed.
- They have no problem with failure.
- They don’t try to sound smart.
- They don’t always use big words.
You can click here to read the full article by Jessica Wildfire, and the explanation on each of the abovementioned 15 habits.