Huawei has recently launched the Huawei Watch GT 2e which priced about 30% cheaper than the flagship Huawei Watch GT 2.
While Huawei Watch GT 2 comes in 2 case size variants of 46mm and 42mm, the Huawei Watch GT 2e only has one case size, which is 46mm.
There are a lot of similarities in the specifications between Huawei Watch GT 2 and Huawei Watch GT 2e. Many people has been asking, beside the obvious different in price tag, what are the differences between both of them?
After some fact finding, I have concluded that the Huawei Watch GT 2e is a model with features and functions in-between the 46mm and 42mm variants of Huawei Watch GT 2.
The main differences of Huawei Watch GT 2e from Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm
- The case size of Huawei Watch GT 2e is 46mm which is larger than 42mm.
- Its battery life of about 14 days is longer than the 42mm's 7 days.
The main differences of Huawei Watch GT 2e from Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm
- It has a smaller RAM size of 16MB, compared with the 32MB RAM of Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm.
- It does not have a microphone and unable to make phone calls.
- It does not have a speaker and unable to play music directly or listen to phone calls.
By the way, since the Huawei Watch GT 2e is newer, it comes with a firmware with more features, such as the SpO2 blood oxygen saturation measurement. The sports mode also increased from 15 to 100, with sport activity auto-detect capability.
Anyhow, these software features improvements are anticipated to be made available to the Huawei Watch GT 2 as well through new firmware update. For example, right now, the SpO2 measurement is now already available in Huawei Watch GT 2 after firmware update to version 22.214.171.124 and above.