JOIN US AT TELEGRAM FOR
STOCK MARKET INSIGHTS & STUDY NOTES:
BENEFICIARY OF BANDAR MALAYSIA PROJECT?
Invest in yourself as much as you can; you are your own biggest asset.
Below are our study notes on Bandar Malaysia.
EKOVEST is related to Bandar Malaysia. Refer study note #5 below.
- BANDAR MALAYSIA, THE LARGEST DEVELOPMENT PROJECT EVER. Bandar Malaysia is Malaysia’s biggest development project in Malaysian history. It has a Gross Development Value (GDV) of RM140 billion.
- INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT. The RM140 billion integrated development will feature integrated components covering finance, technology, medical science, education, tourism and entrepreneurship, as well as being an intelligent city.
- RESTART PROJECT IN 2021. The Bandar Malaysia was slated to begin in March 2020, but had been delayed due to Covid-19 Project Master Developer. It is expected to restart in 2021 – exact month and date to be announced.
- MR. LIM KANG HOO, EKOVEST, IWCITY. Refer figure above for shareholding structure:
- Bandar Malaysia’s master developer is Bandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- IWH-CREC owns 60% of Bandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- Iskandar Waterfront Holdings owns 60% of IWH-CREC.
- Mr. Lim Kang Hoo owns 63% of Iskandar Waterfront Holdings.
- Lim is the controlling shareholder of both IWH and Ekovest - He holds a 63% stake in IWH and a 32.4% stake in Ekovest.
‘With the estimated gross development value of RM140 billion for Bandar Malaysia, Ekovest must have participation with IWH together with CREC. This is going to be very good for Ekovest's future order book,’ Mr. Lim Kang Hoo told The Edge in an interview on September 16.
USE OF MALAYSIAN CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS PRIORITISED.
IWH-CREC said they will soon invite qualified local and foreign
investors, developers, consultants and contractors to submit their
proposals to participate in this development. There will be strong
opportunities for Bumiputera and Malaysian company participation, while
the use of Malaysian construction materials, technologies and local
talent will be prioritised.
We compile our study notes based on publicly available information. We share our study notes for free, for sharing purpose only. There is no buy/sell recommendation.
JOIN US AT TELEGRAM FOR STOCK MARKET INSIGHTS & STUDY NOTES: