These listed companies win the bid for LSS4 project
KUALA LUMPUR (March 12): The Energy Commission has announced the list of 30 shortlisted bidders of the Large Scale Solar @ MEnTARI (LSS4), totalling 823.06MW out of the offered 1,000MW.
This comprises 20 companies covering 323.06MW under Package P1 at between 10MW and below 30MW, as well as 10 companies across 500MW under Package P2 between 30MW and 50MW.
The shortlisted bids for Package 1 ranged between 18.5 sen/kWh and 24.81 sen /kWh. Meanwhile for Package 2, the bids ranged between 17.68 sen/kWh and 19.7 sen/kWh.
Among the identified listed companies that have been awarded the projects include:
- Advancecon Holdings Bhd via Advancecon Solar Sdn Bhd at 26MW
- Three bids by Solarvest Holdings Bhd via Atlantic Blue Sdn Bhd totalling 50MW
- MK Land Holdings Bhd via MK Land Resources Sdn Bhd at 10.95MW
- Tan Chong Motor Holdings Bhd through a consortium involving Tan Chong Motor Assemblies Sdn Bhd at 20MW
- JAKS Resources Bhd via JAKS Solar Power Sdn Bhd at 50MW
- Kumpulan Powernet Bhd with Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Pahang at 50MW
- Ranhill Utilities Bhd at 50MW
- Tenaga Nasional Bhd via TNB Renewables Sdn Bhd at 50MW, and
- Uzma Bhd via Uzma Environergy Sdn Bhd at 50MW.
The commissioning of the project will be in late 2022 or early 2023.