Different regions of the world could be using different measurement units to express how big/small is a property or land area.
When you book a 12 tsubos hotel suite, are you able to imagine how roughly big is it?
When you rent a 6 tatamis unit for short stay, do you have any idea how big is the unit?
When you buy a 1,200 square feet apartment unit, do you know how many square meters is that?
Their conversions are as follows:
- 1 tsubo = 2 tatamis
- 1 tsubo = 35.58 square feet
- 1 tsubo = 3.31 square meter
- 1 square feet = 0.0281 tsubo
- 1 square feet = 0.0929 square meter
- 1 square meter = 0.3025 tsubo
- 1 square meter = 10.7639 square feet
and for larger piece of land area, we commonly used either hectar or acre, as follows:
- 1 hectar = 2.4711 acres
- 1 acre = 0.4047 hectar
Here are some conversion tables among them, for your easy reference...