I have just updated the firmware of my Samsung Xpress M2885FW printer to version 3.00.01.13.
You can download the latest firmware from Samsung support webpage of this MFP here.
Firmware update can be done via the Samsung SyncThru Web Service, by accessing the printer's IP address using your web browser.
Note that you need to login as administrator user in order to perform the firmware update.
Here are the steps to perform the update:
- Download the latest firmware, and unzip the file.
- Locate the firmware file with extension .HD, such as M2885_V3.00.01.13.hd.
- Open your web browser and access to the printer's SyncThru Web Service.
- Login as administrator.
- Go to Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the Upgrade Wizard button.
- Select the firmware file, e.g. M2885_V3.00.01.13.hd.
- The file will be uploaded, and the firmware update process will begin.
- The printer will restart, followed by the firmware reflash procedure.
- Upon successful update, you can check the firmware information in Maintenance > Firmware Version screen.
And here is the changelog of the firmware for this printer for your reference.
Share on Facebook