WARISAN (5016) - Warisan TC's Mayflower Holidays taps into e-commerce platform with JV


 TheEdge Wed, Jul 05, 2017 - 14 hours ago


KUALA LUMPUR (July 5): Warisan TC Holdings Bhd's wholly-owned subsidiary Mayflower Holidays Sdn Bhd (MH) has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Agile Quick Services Sdn Bhd (AQS) to offer its travel products and services to customers through an e-commerce platform.

In a filing to Bursa Malaysia today, Warisan TC said MH had entered into the agreement with AQS to undertake and pursue the business of providing multiple travel products and services via electronic platform.

This includes the managing of online business of sales of travel products and services for MH.

A new JV company will be incorporated under the proposed name "Mayflower Online Sdn Bhd", in which MH will hold 80% and AQS the remaining 20%.

MH is principally involved in the operation of inbound and outbound tours as well as provision of air ticketing services, while AQS is an information technology services provider.

The proposed JV is expected to contribute positively to the profitability and growth of the group's travel business in the future.

Warisan TC shares closed up 16 sen (8%) today to RM2.15 and for a market capitalisation of RM129.55 million.


WARISAN (5016) - Warisan TC's Mayflower Holidays taps into e-commerce platform with JV

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/warisan-tcs-mayflower-holidays-taps-ecommerce-platform-jv