If you are a Malaysian who plans to buy the first home in your lifetime, you ought to act quickly to apply for the MyDeposit Scheme so that the government will pay for the 10% deposit of your first home for the amount up to RM30,000. As long as the terms and conditions are met, you need not repay back this money to the government.
This will definitely able to help you to save a substantial amount of money to own your first home.
Application for MyDeposit Scheme has already been opened since 15 December 2017 and will be closed on 15 February 2018.
Among the terms and conditions for this MyDeposit Scheme are:
- You must be a Malaysia citizen.
- Application can be made as a household (husband and wife) or as an individual for unmarried persons.
- It must be for the first home in your lifetime. For husband and wife, both of them cannot own any home under their name before or during the application.
- Age of applicant must be 21 years old and above.
- The applicant must be earning a monthly income (in order to be eligible to buy a home), and the household monthly income must between RM3,000 to RM15,000.
- You must have a clean CCRIS record.
- The home to be bought must be from a new housing development project. It is NOT applicable to buying of subsale home, building house on a land with own contractor, PR1MA, PPA1M, RUMAWIP, PPR, MyHome and any Rumah Mampu Milik.
- The price of the home (as stated in S&P document) must not exceed RM500,000.
- You have not signed the S&P of the home before getting approval of your MyDeposit application.
- You must sign the S&P with your developer within 30 days after getting approval for your MyDeposit.
- The approved amount of money will be paid directly to your developer.
- You cannot rent out the home under this scheme. It must be for your own family stay only.
- You cannot sell the home within 10 years from the date of S&P.
Under normal situation, you are not required to return your approved MyDeposit money to the government. However, you will need to return it to the government under the following condition:
- You are not able to fulfil the home loan instalment and the home is put on bank auction.
Click here for more information about this MyDeposit Scheme.