My Dell Inspiron 5370 laptop has limited output ports as a trade-off for its slim and lightweight design. It only has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type-C) port with Power Delivery/DisplayPort, 1 HDMI 1.4b port and 1 combo audio port.
This means that it can only connect to the network using WiFi connection, as there is no Ethernet port. It is also not able to output its display to projector using VGA connector unless making use of an adapter to convert its HDMI output to VGA.
Luckily, Dell has made available a DA300 6-in-1 USB-C mobile adapter which is able to convert the USB-C port of the laptop into:
- HDMI 2.0 port that supports 4K display output
- DisplayPort (DP) 1.4 that supports 4K display output
- VGA port that supports 1080p full HD display output
- Ethernet network port that supports MAC address pass-through, PXE Boot, and Wake-On-LAN
- USB-A port with up to 10 Gbps data transfer speed
- USB-C port with up to 10 Gbps data transfer speed
This Dell DA300 mobile adapter is plug-and-play on supported Windows 10 computer. It can be used straightaway without the need to install any driver.
It offers seamless video, network, and data connectivity, in a neat, compact design. It price of around RM300 is quite reasonable for its 6-in-1 functions and its innovative design.