Brilliant video. Gripping like a great movie w unexpected developments. Seems like many countries get their day in the sun. You need more than luck.
From the video I think the following were the most important differentiating factors among the countries:
- they rise if they had strong growing consumer population;
- access to and congregations of capital markets activity;
- single product boost (petroleum, oil and gas);
- advances in sciences and innovation;
- structure n rule of law (HK, Singapore, Switzerland);
- ease of trading and location of ports;
- economic growth strategy;
- investment in education
You can see all those factors being played out for the last 50 years. It is kind of easy to predict the scenario 5 to 10 years down the road.