The Xiaomi Redme AirDots TWSEJ04LS true wireless earbuds looks very identical to its cousin Xiami Mi AirDots Basic TWSEJ02LM.
The key different between them is that Xiaomi Redme AirDots has a large physical button on each of the earpieces, while the Xiami Mi AirDots Basic is using touch sensitive surface instead of physical buttons on its earpieces.
The Xiaomi Redme AirDots TWSEJ04LS features a 7.2mm dynamic driver, Bluetooth 5.0 support, and IPX4 rated waterproofing.
Despite selling at a very affordable price, its sound quality is pretty much satisfactory. It is able to produce strong punching bass, energetic treble, and lively vocal.
Before using the product after unboxing, remember to remove all the plastic films and stickers on the earpieces. The plastic films are isolating the earpieces from getting power charge, and need to be completely removed to ensure you can re-charge their built-in battery properly.
The casing itself is also a charging dock for the earpieces. You can find a USB port at its outer surface for charging purpose.
To re-charge the earpieces, put them in place inside the casing, close the cap, then connect the casing to a USB charging source.
When charging, you can observe a dim LED light in front of the casing. The LED is red when charging, and turns into white when fully charged. The white light will automatically turn off itself after 1 minute.
Using the earbuds:
To use the earpiece, press its button for 1 second to turn it on (white LED on the earpiece will light up).
To turn off the earpiece, press its button for 5 seconds (red LED will light up for a while).
Use your handphone's Bluetooth function to search for Redmi AirDots_R to do pairing. No pairing password is needed.
You can use the earpiece either in left ear only, or in right ear only, or in both ears. When both are used, you can get stereo sound effect. If only one of them is used, it will be running on mono mode.
Resetting the earbuds:
If you find anything not functioning well, you can try resolve the problem by resetting the earbuds.
First of all, take out both the earbuds from the casing, and then proceed to turn them off.
After that, press the earbuds button for 15 seconds respectively. When you see the earbud's LED is alternating between red and white, put it back into the casing. It will then be reset and all previous settings will be restored to factory default.
You will need to redo the Bluetooth pairing with your handphone before it can be used again.
Features and functions:
When there is incoming phone call:
- Press the earbud's button once to answer the call
- Long press the button for 1 second to reject the call
- Double press to toggle between mute and voice
- When in a call, press the button once to hang up the call
When there is another call coming in while you are already on a phone call:
- Press the button once to answer the other call, and put the first call on hold
- Long press to reject the second call
- Double press to switch between the 2 calls
To listen to music played from your handphone, when not in any call:
- Press the button once to listen to music with the phone's default music player
- Press again to pause the music
To call up the handphone's virtual assistant, when not in any call:
- Double press the button to call up virtual assistant (Siri, Google Voice Assistant, Xiaomi XiaoAi, ...). After that, you can issue command to your phone by talking to the virtual assistant. For example, you can ask it to open up Google Maps and guide you to a destination. You can use the earbuds to listen to the turn-by-turn driving instruction with voice navigation.