The Malaysia National Higher Education Fund (Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional, PTPTN) has just announced dividend for year 2018 for the education savings schemes SSPN (Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional, consists of SSPN-i and SSPN-i Plus) on 29 January 2019.
The 2018 SSPN dividend payout rate is 4%, amounting to RM114.55 million. This rate is the same as previous payout for 2015-2017.
On top of that, SSPN-i account holders may also receive an extra 0.5% on top of the annual dividend of 4% that is deposited into their accounts under the newly launched SSPN-i Loyalty Rewards scheme.
The eligibility to receive this SSPN-i Loyalty Rewards extra 0.5% dividend is:
- Account has been opened before year 2016.
- Consistent new deposit has been made during year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- No withdrawal has been made during year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Minimum balance in account is at least RM1,000 by 31 December 2018.
- Accumulate at least RM500 new deposit into the account during 1 January 2019 until 30 April 2019.
- The 0.5% dividend is given for the amount of new deposit during 1 January 2019 until 30 April 2019.
- Maximum amount to be given would be RM8,000 per account.
In 2018, the amount of deposits in SSPN was RM1.13 billion, with 678,829 new accounts opened by depositors.
According to PTPTN, the number of SSPN accounts opened to date is 3.91 million, with deposits amounting to about RM4.5 billion.
Historical SSPN-i dividend payout rate is as below:
- 2018: 4.00%
- 2017: 4.00%
- 2016: 4.00%
- 2015: 4.00%
- 2014: 4.25%
- 2013: 4.25%
- 2012: 4.25%
- 2011: 3.75%
- 2010: 3.25%
- 2009: 2.50%
- 2008: 4.00%
- 2007: 4.00%
- 2006: 4.00%
- 2005: 4.00%
- 2004: 3.00%
You can proceed to the Online SSPN-i Statement of Account website for checking of the transactions and amount of savings in your kid's SSPN account.