I was looking for a replacement to my Belkin B2E027 4-port USB charger and finally bought the Prolink PDC66001 60 watts 6-port USB charger.
There are many brands and models of multiple port USB chargers available in the market, varying in quality, price, charging speed, and safety features. My considerations in choosing a multiple port USB charger includes:
- Reliability - Prolink is a trustworthy Singapore brand with many decent ICT products.
- Safety - Prolink PDC66001 is IEC and Singapore Safty Mark certified. It comes with S$1 million product liability insurance. Its IntelliSense feature provides protections against over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, overload and short-circuit.
- Total number of charging port - its 6 charging port is more than the 4-port Belkin B2E027.
- Charging speed - Prolink PDC66001 has 2 Qualcomm certified QC3.0 fast charging ports and 4 more 5V/2.4A charging ports.
- Total output power - Prolink PDC66001 has a maximum output power of 60 watts, while most other multiple port USB chargers are having maximum output power of 30 watts or even lower.
- Availability of 3-pin UK plug - Prolink PDC66001 comes with a 1 meter long AC power cord with 3-pin UK plug.
- Price - I find Prolink PDC66001's price of around RM100 quite reasonable.
Its size is pretty small, about the size of a mouse, making it very easy to be carried along while traveling.
Its QC3.0 charging ports are differentiated from the other ports with green colour.
Each of the Prolink PDC66001 product has its own serial number. Registration for its 12-month warranty can be done online on their website.