30 March 2021
This research is based on earlier research paper:
The Syndicates in Malaysia stock market is gaining momentum and out of hand, not only running out of stocks to churn out cash in public listed companies, but went hostile on many new public listed companies, such at latest AT Systematization Bhd (AT Bhd) on Asdion Bhd?
Scoping up new public listed companies shares, hype up Voluntary
General Offer (VGO) and later use their cash in existing public listed
companies to buy their own shares in other new public listed companies,
becomes a flood gate in Bursa Malaysia. Malaysia financial daily The
Edge did 3 special coverages on the same “mastermind” pin pointing the
problem in the system in September 2020 and recently 2 articles in March
The questionable abuse of “hostile ruling” by using “investment in other public listed company shares” as proof of fund for such scheme, raise eye brow in the capital market, questioning the out-dated rules and flaws in the regulatory system. If The Edge investigation is true, the Syndicates repeatedly pumping cash to print new shares and subsequently taken out the cash buying related party shares is indeed left unchecked, the get rich quick money game of Bursa Malaysia might create a bigger issue in capital market.
To understand who is behind the scene is not rocket science. Take the crown jewel of the Syndication, the tightly controlled Focus Dynamics Group Bhd largest 30 shareholders list which held 96.367% as of latest Annual Report 2019 for example.
The suspected mastermind early days shield were namely in offshore accounts such as Credit Suisse Group AG (HSBC Nomminee(Asing) Sdn Bhd), UBS Group AG (Citibank Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd), split holding under other nominee accounts such as Maybank Kim Eng Securities Pte Ltd, CGS-CIMB Securities (Hong Kong) Limited, Barclays Bank PLC, and, DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Nomura PB Nominees LTD.
Obviously the related parties are within the list of shareholders in Focus Dynamics Group Bhd, namely “Sanston Financial Group Limited, Lazarus Securities PTY LTD, Carol Vun On Nei, and of cause Mak Siew Wei” just to name a few obvious.
Sanston Financial Group according to Zoom Info Hong Kong authority record is a 9 staff tiny brokerage house with approx US$1 million revenue. The other vehicle Lazarus Securities PTY LTD was the off market transferee from Sanston Financial Group of the Asdion Bhd shares to camouflage the trail that Sanston Financial Group is indeed a major shareholder of AT Bhd, potential in breach of related party transaction. Carol Vun On Nei is the sister of Kenneth Vun Yun Lun, while Mak Siew Wei is the best actor acting in concert with the suspected mastermind.
The RM1 billion move?
The crunch came when the Syndicates cornered and pumped Focus Dynamics Group Bhd shares to ultra-inflated value of RM3 billion (RM3,000,000,000) after series of share issuances, on a share price of RM0.50 and NTA of RM0.0281. Cashing out through “divestment” of 1,605,197,076 shares to FINTEC GLOBAL BERHAD (through Asiabio Capital Sdn. Bhd.). To recap, Fintec Global Bhd did series of share issuance and money pump into FIntec Global Bhd is handsomely taken out through the same modus operandi. As of latest quarterly report, FIntec Global Bhd has RM1.18 billion “Investment in securities” while cash and equivalent stood at RM117 million. How did Fintec Global Bhd shareholders approved a RM1.18 billion “investment” out of RM1.34 billion total equity? The investment decision of Fintec Global Bhd if not knowingly acting in concert with the investee (Focus Dynamics Group Bhd), must be the expert of all experts delivered RM800 million “capital gain” for 31 Dec 2020 results.
The RM3 billion Focus Dynamics Group Bhd “shell” is perfect for not only Fintec Global Bhd but “many other” potential candidates within the Syndication group of companies to cash out?
Obviously the Syndicates need to find more “public listed shares” to feed the greed engine which is out of hand right now.
Bursa Money Game Last Draw?
The latest crunch came into Asdion Bhd when the same “shield” accounts CGS-CIMB Securities (Hong Kong) Limited and DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Nomura PB Nominees LTD transfer the shares to 50 nominee accounts acting in same pattern and same time, obviously under same instructions, where Sanston FInancial Group transferred the shares to Lazarus Securities PTY LTD. The beneficial owner of these accounts with special interest in “penny stocks” is obviously carrying same list of nominees in all the Syndicated public listed companies. The best actor for the suspected illegal hostile is led by the same “Mak Siew Wei” riding on AT Systematization Bhd raising money from share issuances, with latest modus operandi from ESOS, naming Asdion Bhd questionable VGO as part of potential use of fund. The basket of “investments in securities” becomes perfect excuse to fool Bursa Malaysia and Securities Commission on their loophole to cause harm and damages to other public listed companies in the name of greed.
How far will these nominees acting in concert to avoid Related Party Transaction last? When the 50 nominees (including Ng Joo Bay, Wee Kok Chuan, Ong Kian Huat, shareholding in both Focus Dynamics Group Bhd and Asdion Bhd’s nominee accounts) acted in same pattern, answering to the same mastermind, the authorities are waiting for the act to pull the trigger.
The obvious related (close) parties as shown in Focus Dynamics Group Bhd 30 largest shareholders, pointing to 1 person. If not Kenneth Vun Yun Lun, could it be Carol Vun On Nei?
FOCUS DYNAMICS GROUP BERHAD (582924-P) | ANNUAL REPORT 2019
LIST OF 30 LARGEST SECURITIES ACCOUNT HOLDERS
(WITHOUT AGGREGATING SECURITIES FROM DIFFERENT SECURITIES ACCOUNTS BELONGING TO THE SAME REGISTERED HOLDER)
- Maybank Securities Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Maybank Kim Eng Securities Pte Ltd (A/C 649063)
- M & A Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Sanston Financial Group Limited (ACCOUNT CLIENT)
- UOBM Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Sanston Financial Group Limited
- HSBC Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Credit Suisse AG (DUB CLT N-TREAT)
- CGS-CIMB Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for CGS-CIMB Securities (Hong Kong) Limited (FOREIGN CLIENT)
- Cartaban Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Standard Chartered Bank Singapore (EFGBHK-ASING)
- Citigroup Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– UBS AG for Maybank Kim Eng Securities Pte Ltd
- Cartaban Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Barclays Bank PLC (Re Equities)
- MIDF Amanah Invesment Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– for Lazarus Securities PTY LTD for Members One Ventures Fund
- DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Nomura PB Nominees LTD
- Kenanga Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Tay Ben Seng, Benson
- HSBC Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Credit Suisse (Hong Kong) Limited
- UOB Kay Hian Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An For UOB Kay Hian PTE LTD (A/C CLIENTS)
- Kenanga Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Koo Kien Yoon
- Kenanga Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Monex Boom Securities (HK) Limited
- DB (Malaysia) Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Deutsche Bank AG London (DB LN EQ HSE CE)
- UOBM Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for Sanston Financial Group Limited
- JF Apex Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Kua Khai Shyuan (Margin)
- JF Apex Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Ho Jien Shiung (Margin)
- Maybank Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Carol Vun On Nei
- M & A Nominee (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Sanston Financial Group Limited for Galaxy Coast Ventures Limited
- CGS-CIMB Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for CGS-CIMB Securities (Singapore) PTE. LTD. (RETAIL CLIENTS)
- Citigroup Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd– Exempt An for OCBC Securities Private Limited (CLIENT A/C-NR)
- Maybank Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Mak Siew Wei
- JF Apex Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Ng Joo Bay (Margin)
- Kretella Asia Limited
- Maybank Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Pang Chow Huat
- Affin Hwang Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Cheng Mun Leong (CHE0525C)
- Malacca Equity Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd– Pledged Securities Account for Wee Kok Chuan
- Ong Kian Huat
Securities Manipulation in Malaysia raise concerns
References to The Edge reports.
Special Report: Hidden hands behind penny stock surge | The Edge Markets
Special Report: Share issuances the new get-rich-quick scheme in town | The Edge Markets https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/special-report-share-issuances
Special Report: New shares without new business will bring more grief than gain | The Edge Markets https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/special-report-new-shares