KEY PE & PP MARKET UPDATES
LCTITAN, PP & PE
LCTITAN's main products are polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP).
Below are compiled and summarised key updates on the PE and PP trading markets in the 2nd week of October.
1) IN THE US, PE & PE ARE STILL UNDER SUPPLY.
- Hurricane Laura disrupted US Louisiana resin production in September, further tightening the already tight PE and PP supplies.
- As of 2nd week of October, PE and PP demand continued to outstrip supply.
2) PE & PE PRICES CONSOLIDATE AT HEIGHTENED LEVELS.
- PE and PP's spot trading prices have rallied since last month. It is now consolidating at heightened levels.
3) PE & PP BULL RUN MAY RESUME.
According to a Chicago-based resin clearinghouse, this pause in rally does not necessarily signal an end to the bull run, as production disruptions persist and supply remains quite tight.
Our views are for sharing purpose only. We could be inaccurate. There is no BUY/SELL recommendation.